申请要求：US citizens and permanent residents
1. A completed HSHSP Application Form
2. A personal essay of 400-600 words.
The essay must be neat and should address your interests in scientific research and in attending the HSHSP; what do you think you can contribute and any other significant related events in your life that you feel would be helpful to the Director in evaluating your application. I do not want to receive an essay that details your lifetime awards and honors, but rather an honest and compelling story about why you want to spend 7 weeks of your summer away from family and friends, doing full-time research, and why your participation would make difference in your life.
3. A second essay of the same length in which you describe the impact a book you have read has had on your thinking or any aspect of your life. This book can be one assigned in a course or one you chose to read for pleasure.
4. Courses you currently are taking if not included on the transcript (for which you have not yet received a grade).
5. Books or magazines you have read during the past year that were not assigned by a teacher. (Include non-science readings.)
6. Recommendations from at least two teachers, at least one of whom should be a science teacher you recently have had as an instructor.
7. Official high school transcript (with a seal) including all standardized test scores. Be sure to request that your school send test scores and rank in class (if available).